Thursday, December 8, 2016

How I decorated my Christmas Tree/Foyer for less than $30

 I am over the super excited to bring you one of several posts revealing how I decorated my Christmas Tree/Foyer for less than $30.Yes,you heard me right. And I must say it looks quite fabulous, but before the reveal can take place, we have to go through the process. Sorry!!! So, keep reading to find out how I transformed the space for so little. Each year I try to incorporate creative ways to decorate my home on an extremely tight budget, and this year was no exception. But in order to get the ball rolling on this project, I needed some inspiration. Well, my inspiration came via a promise I made to my grand baby. I promised her that Zsa Zsa(that's me) would decorate a Christmas tree she would love. However, with that being said, I also knew the design/decor had to be whimsical and playful enough for her. But it also had to appeal to the adults in the family as well.(mainly me) So, I put my design thinking cap on and came up with a plan, that I thought would appeal to both parties.


My next bit of inspiration came from the "African Girl's" print, that's hanging in my foyer. The colors are amazing and I decided to take my cues from it. The Christmas Tree/Foyer would be brought to life by the use of color. Colors of red, yellow, blue, green, purple and pink would make for a bold but festive play on Christmas. I know, I know these are not your traditional Christmas colors. But who cares? So off to shop the house I went.

Via
Several years ago I purchased the 6.5' pre-lit Madison Pine Tree with multicolored lights, from Walmart. Normally for this space, I would use the traditional green tree, but I decided to switch things up a bit this year. I figured all the bold colors would pair nicely with the white tree. I was completely sold on using this tree because of the multi-colored lights. For me this was a win, win. The next order of business, I needed items with all the colors mentioned before to fill the tree.


I struck pay dirt when I stumbled upon some of my Husband's photography props, Fairy wings, they would be perfect to use on the tree! But there was one major problem, there we're only four. Uh oh!!! The Hubby had purchased the wings a few months ago. So, I grabbed my keys and headed to the Dollar Tree praying all the way. To my surprise they had several of the fairy wings in stock. So to be on the safe side I purchased all 23 of them. Now all I needed was something that I could use as filler between the wings. I found just the thing and it had all the colors I needed. 



 TISSUE PAPER!!!! I purchased 7 packages of  the multi-colored tissue paper, and I left the Dollar Tree with a sense of accomplishment. Did I mention that I was whistling Dixie all the way home? Once home I gathered the remaining items I felt I would need to transform the space.



I figured I could gussie up this pre-made wreath I purchased at an after Christmas sale several years ago. I wasn't for sure how, but this wreath would be used in the decor. Below are the remaining items I used for the space.
1. Tape
2. Floral wire/FloraCraft (26 gauge) 
3. Ribbon (not shown)
I already had these items on hand so I didn't have to purchase them. Below are a few pics of how he space looked last year,



As you can see I didn't even put a tree up last year. Bah Humbug!!!


Basically all I did was add garland to the stairs and place a few Christmas bulbs in a decorative bowl. And that was it. Ebenezer Scrooge didn't have anything on me last year!


So, this is where I end the post. I know I've left you in suspense. But in order to see this space decked out for Christmas, in all the colors of  the rainbow and some; you gotta come back for the REVEAL. This space is going to WOW!!! 


See you soon!!!


Lory







8 comments:

  1. That print is fabulous! Look at the patterns and colors there - stunning! I can't wait to see more, Lory. Cheers from DC. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love color but I also love white. By the way, your home is AWESOME!!!

      Delete
  2. You have me on edge! I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what your creative mind has come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect great ideas!

    Please visit my Blog!

    http://www.alessabernal.com/

    Alessa Bernal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will be sure to check out your blog. I will leave a comment.

      Delete