Monday, October 3, 2016

We've Only Just Begun....

Happy Monday everyone, I have been a really busy Bee lately. So, today I am going to be sharing what's been happening behind the scenes. A few months ago I took the plunge and decided to take my decorating business to the next level, by going full time. There has been so much to do and learn. Need I say more!!!



Art anyone? To find out more about this artwork, keep scrolling!!!!



I needed to redesign my business cards, so the Hubs and I came up with this super simple but stylish card and Vistaprint did a wonderful job printing them, if I must say so myself. (phone number left off intentionally) (I am not affiliated with Vistaprint.) We are also in the process of building our website, and to keep cost down the Hubs and I decided that we would try and build it ourselves. Lord have mercy!!! I know decorating, but I don't know web design. tehehehe!!!

I chose to do a double sided business card, so on the back of the card I added one of my favorite quotes by Dr. Seuss.This quote is a friendly reminder to me that's it's OK to be different!!!



Did I mention that I opened an Etsy Shop too? Yep, I sure did, and the name of my shop is VanGoHome. I launched the shop in late June and I have been busy creating beautiful one of a kind items for your home. Below are a few goodies that are trending on the site NOW!!!




All boxed up and ready to go, this sunflower wreath never made it to my shop. It was purchased before I had a chance to upload it to the site! YAY!!!




The homeowner loved it so much she sent me a pic upon arrival. I think it compliments the red door quite nicely.


I take the liberty of naming my wreaths, don't ask me why, I just do.



This wreath is breath taking! It reminds me of Old Hollywood, Harlem Nights and the Roaring Twenties all rolled into one. This wreath would add a bit of sparkle, glamour and folly to your covered porch. You will be the envy of the neighborhood with this wreath. So, buy it today! Was that a good "Pitch or what? lol!



The pheasant feathers, fall leaves and scrumptious rust colored bows gives this wreath an amazing presence. This wreath is one of my faves and I wish you could see it up close and in person.




The shop also carries some amazing photographic art!!! This piece was taken by my Son at Polytechnic University in Lakeland Florida. This school is a must see, if you are ever in the Lakeland  Florida area. The architecture is AMAZING!!!










And last but not least, some info pertaining to the first picture on this post. Can you believe that I painted this piece all by myself.? This was my very first time trying my hand at painting. Not to shabby huh? This artwork is called "African Warrior", And if you look closely, you will see how I manipulated the piece to add depth, dimension and texture. This piece was painted to look as though this warrior had really been in a fight.So what do you think about all my behind the scenes mayhem? Honestly, I am worn out, but on the flip side I am super excited because I am doing what I truly love to do.  Here's the link to my Etsy Shop!


GO OUT AND MAKE TODAY A GREAT DAY!

Lory




4 comments:

  1. Ok, where do I start. I am so proud of you. God has blessed you with an amazing gift and I am glad that you are doing what it is that you love and have in your heart my sister. Keep on keeping on as I know you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy for your encouraging words, they are very much appreciated. Stay tuned...More to come!!!

      Delete
  2. Wow Mom! You did it!!! I can't wait to see what else is in store!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!!! I'm excited too!!!

      Delete