Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Refresh For Summer.....Revolution

Summer is in full swing and it's super hot here in the Sunshine State. Being that it's so blasted hot, we have decided to put our powder room makeover on hold until a later date. Since it's summer I had been tossing around the idea of doing something different here on the blog, but I really didn't know what. Well, a few weeks ago I was standing in the checkout line at Walmart, and the brightly colored cover of the HGTV magazine caught my eye; along with these two words "Summer Refresh". So I quickly decided that a refresh would be easier, cooler and a lot lighter on the wallet than a renovation. Plus it would be something I could blog about, for the next several weeks. In this series, I plan to do projects that are simple, won't break the bank and won't require a lot of time. The goal is to complete several projects before the end of the summer and then throw a Party in honor of that. Who's with me? Let's get this "Refresh for Summer... Revolution" started.



I revealed my Island Oasis Foyer back in September you can read about it here. We love the end result of this makeover, however I challenged myself to "refresh" it just a tad. Keep scrolling to see the quick change.


Two quick changes were made to this space. I am sure that the first change is quite obvious. I removed the African Art and replaced it with this vivid Seashell image. The image was taken at Historical Bok Tower Gardens a few years ago. Now for the million dollar question. Were you able to spot the next change? It's the hardware! The chest on the left has the original hardware, and the chest on the right was gussied up with Agate drawer pulls. I purchased them several months ago without knowing where I would use them, but they came in handy for the refresh. So far so good huh?


after

after

Refresh number three....


before
My daughter drew this Cheetah when she was in Junior High School and it's super sentimental to me. However, I did switch this piece out for something a little more summery below.


Keep scrolling to read......


I love reading this! For me, this is a daily reminder that life is not perfect and when it happens you can either adjust your attitude or sulk. I choose to adjust! This refresh didn't cost me anything but a little time. I simply used what I already had at home. I must admit I really like the changes that were made.
Well that's it! "Refresh For Summer" part one is a wrap. So what do you think? I would love to hear from you!


Go  Out and Make Today Amazing!!!!
Lory

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I especially love the picture with the saying. That is great daily reminder and attitude adjuster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! There's nothing like having the right attitude. It makes life much easier. Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it. I love the picture of the shells. I love shells, you can't go wrong with them. Excited to see what is next.

    ReplyDelete