Monday, May 9, 2016

From Worn Out to WOW!...Tiling the Master Bath Shower.

Where did the time go? It's been three months since my last post. But what can I say? Life happens! Any who the past three months have been a blur, but now I am ready to get back into the blogging groove. The last time I popped in we had demoed the master bath, painted the walls, and tiled the floors. So today's post is all about the shower. Are you ready for this? DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!
 

 Behold the finished shower!!!
But before I go any further I would like for you to take a trip with me down memory lane. Whose with me?
 
 
 This is how the shower looked before Hubby rolled up his sleeves and went to work. Yikes! The old shower surround had to be cut into pieces in order to get it out of the bathroom. Major headache! Even though this remodel was long overdue at this point in the Reno, I became a tad bit nervous.


Once the shower surround had been removed the old insulation was replaced and the shower floor was prepped. Now I could  breathe a sigh of relief since the surround was out. 

 
The cement board was installed and concrete was poured on the shower floor. (sorry no pic of the cement being poured )  Once the concrete dried it was time to start laying the tile. Hip hip hooray!!!!


The floor tiles had a mesh backing and to our surprise the installation was a little tricky. Since we are newbies to tiling it took a lot longer than expected, but Hubby powered through it with minimal mistakes.



After the floor was installed Hubby tackled the shower walls. I forgot to take pics of the wall when Hubby first started tiling. Oops!!! Alexander Pope said it best, "To err is human." tahehehe!
 

 
Now that the shower was completely tiled, the only thing left to do was the grout. The next day the grout was applied. And at this point we were so excited because our master bath was finally taking shape. Did I mention we were two Happy Campers?
 

Once the grout was completely dry Hubby thoroughly cleaned and sealed the tiles. Lastly he added the shower accessories and that completed this project. Nice!!!! I took this pic so you could get a close-up of all the details in the tile. Plus I wanted you to see how absolutely gorgeous it is. You like?
One last thing, is the accent tile beautiful or what? Love it!!!
 
 
So what do you think? I think it turned out amazingly awesome. Hats off to Hubby and a great big thank you for all of your hard work. Did I mention that our Master bath was his first time tiling ever? Okay READERS/VISITORS please help me spread the love and give my Hubby a shot out for a job well done! Have you under gone any bathroom renovation lately, if so I would love to hear about it!


Go out and make today count!


Lory





 

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. I love it. Great job Reggie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy Lou, we love it too! Thanks for the shout out!

      Delete