Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Baby Shower Bliss

Today I am popping in with a few highlights of my Daughter's baby shower. Yep, I am going to be a Zsa Zsa again. Yay! We haven't received the professional pictures from the shower yet, so all of the pictures were taken with a cell phone.
Once my daughter decided on a theme Bumble Bees/Daisies we went to work. Several weeks of prep work was done to make the baby shower possible. But in the end it was worth it. Enjoy the pics! 


Lots and lots of prep work was done before the room got to this point. Let's see, we painted the terracotta pots, made all the paper flowers as well as the place mats, just to name a few. Did I mention we made all the paper flowers? If you look to the left of the picture you will see my little sweet heart and my good friend Mandy. My grandbaby was super excited, because she was going to be our little Hostess for the day.
 

This is how the room looked before we put our special touch on it. That's me in the black/white fedora. And yes the expectant Mommy is just above me. I think she is the cutest. And her Hubby is way in back.
 
 
At this point the tables and chairs were basically in the right place. Now it was time to DECORATE!!!!!!
 
 
So the next step was to add the tablecloth, chair covers, sashes and centerpieces.
 

 
  If you look closely you will see a baby bumble bee sleeping. Shh!!! How cute is that?



A single Bumble Bee was placed in each of the larger daisies as well. Can you see it?

 
 

Once everything was said and done, this is how the table/tables turned out.
 


My Daughter and her Hubby's table received a fresh floral arrangement. Instead of the black sashes we used black white and yellow tulle to add another element to the design. Daughter and her Hubby loved their table.



This is a close-up of their table. Isn't the table runner absolutely gorgeous!!!!






 




 

As a thank you each guest received an amazing gourmet candle apple from Tiffiney@Lé Château Doux. The apples were not only gorgeous, but they were oh so tasty too! Thanks Tiffiney!!!
 
 



I had a blast last month helping put this event together. But before I end this post I just wanted to share the cake with you. It was purchased from Sam's Club, and we added the daises, bumble bees, and the sleeping baby bee. And after all was said and done, that's exactly what we did. We went to SLEEP!!!!!

 
Thanks for stopping by

Lory!



sources:
table runners, sashes, chair covers efavormart.com
Fresh Flowers Trader Joes Tallahassee Florida
Cake & Cup cakes Sam's Club Tallahassee Florida
Terracotta pots Hobby Lobby Tallahassee Florida


 
 





6 comments:

  1. Loved the outcome!! It was so worth it!! It pays to have a mother who does this for a living. Thank you again Mommy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so Welcome...I had a blast, now all that we need is the new "little one" to get here. I am so excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could have been there to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It turned out far better than we expected. It was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT'S a baby shower, Lory, I love the theme and the cake looks yummy! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I enjoyed every minute of it. My daughter is awesome and it gave me great pleasure to share in this special time with her.

    ReplyDelete