Monday, January 4, 2016

Master Bath Remodel.....Demolition

Happy New Year again. I hope your new year is off to a great start. I am excited about todays post so bear with me, this is part one of a three part post. In August of 2013 we had another pipe to spring a leak in our master bathroom you can see it here.  Since Hubby had to jack hammer the floor we decided that this would be a great time to redo the master bath.

Dream Bath in Blue: Stunning Statement Pieces
via
I found this pic and the one below and they were the source of my inspiration for our space. I knew for certain that I wanted the bathroom to be mostly white with light gray walls.

Think White
via
I love the addition of yellow that was brought in by using fresh flowers.
 
 
Since the leak was under the vanity it had to be completely torn out. YAY! So my guy/guys got busy with the demo.  
 
 
Hold onto your hats you have just entered the demolition/danger zone!
 



This place is about to blow!!!


 

 
The shower surround was ripped out as well and it will be replaced with tile. I can't wait!
 


 
The leak was in two different places and the Hubs had to bust through 18 inches of concrete to fix the problem.
 


 
This is how the space looked after the leak had been fixed and everything was removed from the bathroom. Yikes! Now that demolition was over we knew we had a long road ahead of us, so we prepared our hearts in advance. The first order of business was to select/purchase the tile. This would be easy since I already had a general idea as to what I wanted.
 


These are the tiles that were selected and I really like them a lot. Come back soon to see how amazingly awesome the tile looks in our master bathroom.

Have a Magnificent Monday!

Lory









6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm!!!! Eager to see what's happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lory, I love your inspiration pictures and that tile is really pretty. I know you are beyond excited about redoing your bathroom... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I am super excited about redoing the bathroom, it's been a long time coming!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, I'm glad you are back. Have a great weekend!

      Delete