Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Deck the Halls.....Christmas in the Foyer

Instead of the normal hustle and bustle that's associated with this time of year, I made a conscience decision to slow down and enjoy the beauty of the season. I also decided to scale way back on my Christmas decorating as well.


I had no idea how I wanted to decorate. So I went into my decorating bag of tricks, and found some beautiful ribbon that was given to me by my sister. Thanks Rhonda! The colors in the ribbon are black, coppery brown, beige and of course a touch of animal print.


I know, I know, these aren't traditional Christmas colors. But I'm the kind of girl that likes to color outside the lines, so bear with me!


Once I had the color scheme down I went to work. The first thing I did was make the bows. Eye catching huh? And the rest of the décor sort of fell into place.


The garland was repurposed from a chandelier I created several years ago. You can see it here.


Instead of creating a swag with the garland, I decided to lay the garland flat and run it straight up the handrails. By doing the garland this way I wouldn't have to purchase any extra. Pretty clever! 


 I added floral stems and a few animal print Christmas bulbs to complete the look.





You know my motto "Every room needs a little animal print".





A few Christmas bulbs placed in a seashell is just what this console table needed, to help bring in the holiday cheer!


You like?

And last but not least Santa, Isn't he the cutest?
  

 Come back soon to see how I incorporated the color scheme through out my home.

Go out and make today a GREAT day!

6 comments: