Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Easy inexpensive gift idea for any occasion

My Sisters were coming for an extended weekend and I wanted to do something to make them feel really special. Normally when they come I do a bed tray with the most current décor magazine and a sweet treat, but this time I wanted to do something altogether different.


So I came up with this super cute, easy, and inexpensive idea. 
Here's what I did. I went to my local supercenter and purchased two candles that cost 94 cents each. FYI, I purchased fall scented candles with lids. Next, I headed home and raided my gift wrapping container. There I unearth two gold boxes, that I purchased from an after Christmas sale last year. I also found the perfect ribbon that would take the gold boxes to the wow level. You know how I love animal print! All I did was remove the easy peel label from the candle. I put the candle in the box and added some tissue paper to keep the candle from moving around inside. Next, I put the lid on the box and wrapped the ribbon around it. I secured the ribbon with double-sided tape, and made the bow. I used double-sided tape to secure it as well. I sat the box on top of  the fall leaf to up the ante even more. You like?
 
 
And there you have it a gift that anyone would love. 


I spent less than $5 for two gifts, but it looks like I spent way more.
 
So, what do you think? I think the gift boxes made quite the statement and my Sister's loved them. I will definitely be doing this gift idea again.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Lory

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The good thing about this gift is it's so inexpensive. So you could make several of them without breaking the bank.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the idea, not sure when, where, or how I will use it but I am sure it will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Mandy, the gift boxes can be used for any occasion all you have to do is pick one. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Cute & Easy, that's a double thumbs UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and it's wrapped so pretty... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, this idea will come in handy during the Christmas Holidays. I plan to give these cute little boxes to the mail lady, friends, family and anyone who rings my doorbell. I figure this would be a great way to brighten someone's holiday! Thanks for being a faithful reader!

      Delete