Monday, November 9, 2015

Bedroom Refresh... Making Room For Guests

It's going to be very busy during the Holidays around these parts. We will be hosting guests and I really want to make them feel extra special. So I figured, now would be as good a time as any to refresh the guest bedroom. The biggest problem I have with this room is storage. There is nowhere for guest to unpack because the closet is jammed packed with stuff. And I currently don't have a dresser/chest in the room.


 
Today I am only going to show you a glimpse of the refresh. Don't the pillows look scrumptious and inviting?  FYI, above pic was for instant gratification purposes, because the rest of the room is a hot mess!
 
 
This is what the bed looked liked before I started the room "refresh".
 
 
Since storage was a major concern I emptied the closet of all it's content. Hopefully this will free up some much needed space for guests. A chest of drawers would solve the storage dilemma. So I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of finding one.
 
 
Yes I must confess this is actually a room in my home. Any who back to the refresh. To make this  room guest ready, hanging curtains and creating a sitting area is a must.  
 

sorry several fuzzy pics in this post.
Can you believe all the stuff that was on the bed and the floor came out of the closet?

 
The tea cart will be used to house all the things that guests need like towels, bath cloths, and toiletries. I also plan on changing out the lamp shade, because the one pictured is way too small.


I have a few tricks up my sleeve concerning this little bedside table. An unusual table cloth is on the radar, but I'm not telling just yet. The books and the potpourri will be removed and replaced with a clock and a decorative piece.

 
Our first guests will be arriving the week of Thanksgiving, so that gives me roughly two weeks to complete this room. I am up for the challenge!
Are you having guests for the Holidays?
 
Thanks for stopping by!

Lory

4 comments:

  1. UMMMM I wanna come stay in that room. :-)
    Eager to see how it all turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome anytime. Thanks for being a faithful reader!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold on to your hat the room should be finished real soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete