Monday, October 19, 2015

May 20, 2015

 The day I turned 50!
Since my birthday fell in the middle of the week, I decided to celebrate Wednesday - Sunday. I figured you only turn 50 once so why not go for it. But I had know earthly idea that my family friends and coworkers would play such a huge part in my 50th birthday. Boy, was I in for a treat.
On Wednesday my co-workers surprised me with a cake, balloons and a party hat. On Thursday I got all dolled up and the Hubby treated me to Red Lobster. You like my hat? After exercise class on Friday night Paul (fitness coach) and the ladies treated me to cupcakes, cards and gifts. Sorry no pics. 
 
sorry fuzzy
Mandy Lou picked me up on Saturday for a birthday lunch and girl's day out.
 
 We ate lunch at Bahama Breeze.

  The shrimp and the

salad were delish!
 
          Mandy and I hung out until early evening and when we arrived home I was greeted with this (see the above pic). I was in total shock! My daughter and her Husband had transformed my living room into an intimate setting for the perfect birthday party. 
 



 
A friend of my daughter's made the beautiful cakes. Not one, not two, but three cakes. Red velvet, Carrot and Caramel Crème Cake. They were so YUMMY! Thanks Ms. Pat!
 

 
 
My grandbaby.....
 
 thinks I'm the greatest.
 
Me and the Hubs.
 
My handsome sons and gorgeous daughter.
 

My daughter and her husband were the ones responsible for my 50th birthday surprise. My daughter is an amazing woman wife and Mom and my Son-in-law is pretty awesome too. Thanks guys!

My eldest son. Sorry girl's he's engaged.

My baby he's a junior in college.

My good friend Mandy Lou, we attended cosmetology school together over 25 years ago and we've been friends since.

GiGi is my son-in-law's Mom
Zsa Zsa and GiGi, we are two of the hottest grandma's that I know. It's no secret, we love animal print!

Making a wish!

Cutting the cake......


Me being me! FIFTY and FABULOUS!
 
 The festivities ended on Sunday so we took a few group shots before we said our goodbyes.

I had an amazing 50th birthday celebration. A great big thank you to my family friends and coworkers who took the time to be a part of my special day/days.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
Lory
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a birthday celebration that goes on for days. YOU deserve the best my friend. It sure was hard to convince you to stay out as long as we did that day. I said to Sheena, girl I don't know if I can get your mom out like that and all day. I told her I was going to have to take you to either Orlando or Brandon because when your mind is made up, it' made up. When Sheena called me that day and asked to keep you out a few hours more I was like, OMG", how am I going to get that done. It all worked out though. AWESOMMMEEEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for everything Mandy that was my best birthday ever!

      Delete
  2. Lory, Happy Birthday to you!!!! You look absolutely amazing and what a beautiful family you have. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I truly enjoyed your birthday post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandi, my birthday was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 50th Birthday, Lory! Wow, what a fantastic celebration. You have such a beautiful family and girl, you look great... :)

    ReplyDelete