Thursday, September 10, 2015

Island Oasis Foyer Reveal

Reveal day is finally here. And after several months of planning and preparing, the foyer is officially finished. Now I get to share my take on Island style with you. As I mentioned in a previous post I love African Asian and Indian décor (British Colonial) with a splash of the tropics. And after traveling to Hawaii last year I wanted to create a year round vacation destination in my own home. Now here I am 18 months later extremely excited about all of the changes that are taking place in our home.  So without any further ado, I present my rendition of our Island Oasis. Lots of pics, Enjoy


 

I think these lamps are the cats meow. I purchased them at the Salvation Army Thrift Store for $20. I swiped the shades from exiting lamps that weren't being used. The shades have an Asian feel.




The seashells were inspirational in getting the ball rolling on this project. Who knew?

 
 
 
 
My daughter drew this Cheetah when she was in Junior High School. Not only is it sentimental, it's a keeper. Thanks Top!
 
  With the addition of so much blue I decided to accent the wall under the stair case with this vivid green. It's bold but I like it! You like?
 
 
 
 
 This incredibly amazing Ikat fabric was purchased from Trolley Fabrics in Thomasville Georgia. The fabric was my splurge for this room. Love it!
 
 
It's all in the details! Even the hardware has a little island thingy going on!
 
 
 
 
 
 
BEFORE 
 
AFTER 
 
NOW 
When we decided to create this space we threw caution to the wind. We figured since this is our home we may as well do what we like. And that's exactly what we did, and we are pleased with the end result. It is my hope that this post will cause those who want to create something out of the ordinary to go for it. In the words of my favorite designer C. Lowell " Where there is fear there is no creativity." So I challenge you to start creating spaces that are a reflection of who you are and how you live!
 
2 Your Home,
 
Lory
 
 
sources
Lamps-Salvation Army thrift store.
Sea Shells-Ross
Orchids-Michaels
greenery-Southern Hospitality Plant City Fl.
Candle Holders-Amazon.com
Fabric-Trolley Fabrics Thomasville Ga.

12 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing my sister. Your talent surpasses the imagination. It's all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy Lou! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly amazing!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Have a Great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Love it!! You did great as always Mommy!!! And those curtains....❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sheena, I am glad you like it! Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing - adore the painting!! Happy Monday ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much. Can you believe the painting is actually framed fabric? A lotta bang for the buck! Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lory, there are so many wonderful things that I love about your foyer. The colors, the lamps, that beautiful painting, I love it all. Well done... :)


    By the way, I'm loving your new profile pic... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I am trying to do switch things up a bit. I am gradually changing the look of my blog. Since I am not good with the technical stuff it is taking me awhile to make the changes. I will get it eventually! Have a GREAT Wednesday!

      Delete
  9. Pretty colors Lori! Beautiful and vibrant space. I also really love that oversized art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey! the art is one of my favorite things. I've had it for several years and it's a keeper. Have a GREAT weekend!

      Delete