Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Foyer Update: Choosing a Paint Color

The foyer chest have been painted and they look awesome! So, the next thing on my to do list was to paint the foyer. I mulled over paint swatches for several days and came up with zilch. Since paint was going to play a major role in this project, I needed to find the perfect paint color ASAP! So I decided to go in search of some paintspiration. ( Don't laugh I just made that word up and it will be in the dictionary one day!) So I jumped into my Tucson and headed to the Home Depot.  I immediately went to the paint section. I started pulling out paint chips one by one. Nope, nope, nope, that's not the color, so I kept pulling. Low and behold I pulled out this Amazing color. Bare with me, the theme song from "Hawaii five 0" is playing in my head. And I hear Steve McGarrett saying, "Book him Danno." Okay, I've kept you in suspense long enough. The name of the color is Island Oasis by Behr. And it sums up the style that I am creating in our home. Is that a coincidence or what? I love the island beachy feel of this color, and I can't wait to share the reveal.                           
               

Paint colors look different on monitors. Paint chips and samples give a true representation of the color.
 

  
 
  Just in case you're wondering, I used the paint and primer in one and it turned out Great!
  Gotta run I have several things to do before the big reveal.
 
 
2 Your Home,
Lory
 
***I don't know anyone at the Behr Corporation. However, I have been using their paint for the past 15 years and I love it! 
 

10 comments:

  1. That's a great paint color! Haha, I love the use of the word, "paintspiration".

    ~Zabrinah
    your everyday girl,
    writing about guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! I wish you had a like button...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zabrinah, glad you like the paint color. Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods! Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really loving that paint color and the name Island Oasis fits perfectly. I can't wait to see how it looks in your foyer. Enjoy the rest of this lovely weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dee, the foyer reveal will be coming in the next week or so. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the paint color and can't wait for the big reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DC, it's going to be a reveal like no other. So stay tuned! Have a GREAT week!

      Delete
  7. It's such a bright color. Instant happiness as you walk through the door. Looking forward to seeing the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Brandi, the reveal should be coming up real soon! Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete