Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Since I've been Gone


Hi all and Happy Tuesday to everyone. I am finally back after an extra long reprieve. When life happens you gotta roll with the punches, and keep it moving. Lots of things have happened since I've been gone. Let's see, we revamped the entry, painted walls and furniture, laid tile in the master bath and built a farmhouse table just to name a few. I will be sharing those projects as the weeks progress. But first things first. In my last post I was in hot pursuit of completing Hubby's Master closet #1. However, we ran into a snag because we didn't see eye to eye, on the chest of drawers that would be used for the space.


I wanted to find a chest of drawers similar to the one I had in my closet, but Hubby had something else in mind.


He wanted to transform this former bookcase into his storage unit and I was not on board with that idea, but I eventually caved in and told him to go for it. Besides it was free and it would be inside the closet.

 
The first thing Hubby did was give the piece a fresh coat of paint.
Then he removed the little doodad that was on top with a circular saw and added the drawer pulls.
 

Hubby was perfectly satisfied with the piece at this stage, but I thought it was missing something.


So I convinced him to add a shelf and some cute little feet. The storage unit houses t-shirts and other
personal items. Hubby also added the decorative basket to keep socks at bay. Even though I wasn't keen on using the bookcase turned storage unit it serves it's purpose.
before pic of closet

 
 before pic of closet

after pic

Here's the finished closet. I think it turned out GREAT! A place for everything and everything in it's place.
Come back next week to see the projects I completed in March!

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lory I am so glad you are back! I think the closet turned out great. Well done!
    Happy June and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Laura and happy SUMMER!

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's so nice and organized, Lory. Love that there is even a place for his caps! Adore your chest of drawers!! Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went around and around concerning the chest but I gave in. It's neat/organized and that's what matters most. Happy Summer!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lory!
    I think it loos awesome! What a great difference the transformation makes! Your hubby did a great job with that piece too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacey, now about that hat, just kidding. Happy Summer!

      Delete
  4. Looks good Lory! Glad you're back! I put 2 posts on my blog yesterday. Check it out when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete