Friday, June 12, 2015

In Memory of My Friend John

Where do I begin? I met John when I was in the process of decorating my second home. John owned a thrift store and I was introduced to him by a close friend. I had purchased a few items from John here and there, but when I purchased my current home, I became a weekly customer. I can actually remember the first thing I bought from John's Shop, it was a  pair of Broyhill Chests. The chests were my first decorative paint project and they turned out great. I loved going to John's shop so much so, that we had given it a nickname "John Junk". But it needed to be spoken with a French accent to get the full affect. lol! And sometimes when we didn't find anything, we would sit and chat under the big Oak Tree. Over the course of several years the Shop moved twice, so we didn't get to see John as much. And eventually we lost  complete contact with him. Have you seen John? This had become the million dollar question for quite sometime. And earlier this year my questioned was answered. My friend had passed away in January of last year, and I didn't find out about it until March of this year. I was in shock and my heart was sad!  Several weeks ago I was in a mad dash to finish a decorating project. So I headed out to find that perfect piece to seal the deal. And that's when it hit me.
Through tear filled eyes I was remembering John and the friendship we had formed. And I thought to myself if John were here he'd have just what I needed.

Farewell my Friend, we Love and Miss you!

 
 here.
 
  here.
 

 
here

here



here



here

All of the pieces in the above pics were purchased from John's thrift store, and they will always be staples in my d├ęcor.

 In Memory of My friend John.

 

12 comments:

  1. Oh dear Lory what a precious way you have remembered your dear friend. I like to believe he knows that he is still dear to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can truly say I miss him dearly. Have a Super Fantastic Week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to honor your friend Lory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle. Have a Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lory, what a wonderful tribute to your friend, John. You truly did find many beautiful treasures from his store and I love that you can share a touching story about them. That makes them that much more special. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Dee, that's exactly what they are to me Beautiful Treasures. Have a Great week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Lory. This was such a nice way to honor his memory.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrifting hasn't been the same since..... Beautiful tribute. I know he would be proud. He always said you knew what to do with the things you would get from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrifting hasn't been the same, those were the days! Have a great week!

      Delete
  9. What a lovely way to honor your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you he was a special friend!

      Delete