Monday, September 29, 2014

DIY Floral Arrangement

Happy Monday All! Fall is officially here, but it's still hot in Florida. I found myself daydreaming over the weekend about what it would be like to see the seasons change. And how neat is would be to pick Fall flowers from the garden, and make beautiful DIY arrangements. Since I live in Central Florida, the likely hood of seeing the seasons change and picking fall flowers is slim to none. Oh well, so much for daydreaming. Any who I decided I wanted to create a floral arrangement using flowers that were blooming in my own yard. So I grabbed my sneakers and a pair of shears and headed outside.


And here's what I came up with. Pine Cone Ginger, Tricolor Ginger, Asparagus Fern and  Palm Fronds. Since floral design is not one of my strengths I decided to keep the arrangement simple.

 
I started out by placing the Tricolor Ginger in each corner of the vase, but I immediately came up with what I thought was a better idea. So.....


I took the Pine Cone Ginger from the vase, and wrapped the inside with the Tricolor Ginger. Once that was done, I placed the Pine Cone Ginger back in the vase as before.
 

 
Next, I added more Tricolor Ginger, Palm Fronds and Asparagus Fern to complete the arrangement.
 
 
 So what do you think?  
 

Have you created any floral arrangements lately?
 
Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. I love it. It's very beautiful arrangement. No, I've never created any floral arrangements myself, but you sure made it look easy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't created any floral arrangements and I would have never ever thought of that. It is beautiful Lory as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mandy, I'm looking forward to Girl's Day Out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that arrangement. I would never have come up with something so unique and lovely.

    ReplyDelete