Monday, June 9, 2014

The Fab Foyer Rug Revamped

Hi all, can you believe it's almost summer? This year is passing by in record speed. Any who, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, I sure did. Saturday night we hosted a Luau and it was great. I will  do a post on it later on. As I mentioned earlier summer is almost here, and I have been doing a few home improvement projects like painting, organizing, and rearranging before it gets too hot. The rug in my fab foyer was on my summer to do list as well. And while my daughter is here visiting she agreed to repaint the rug for me. I feel so special.


This is how the rug looked before it was repainted. It had lost it's luster but.....


My daughter breathed new life into this rug with......
 
we used the 2oz and 8oz sizes.
 several bottles of apple barrel craft paint, time and patience.
 
my daughter hard at work. 
It took about 8 hours to complete this work of art and.....
 
 me and my daughter.
   I was able to get in on the action at the very end. I was responsible for painting the border. tahehehe! 
 
 
See, that's me painting on the border.
 

After all of the hard work, the rug was signed by the artist ( my daughter) and left to dry overnight. The next day it received a few coats of Scotchgard and then it was put back into place.


Here's the finished product. What do you think? I absolutely love it and I couldn't be more pleased. A great big "Thank You" to my daughter for taking the time to revamp this rug.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lory

14 comments:

  1. So true, hard work does pay off and it's really gratifying when you can say, you did it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can you send your daughter to my apartment next? I have an old rug that needs some help, too... lol. Seriously, she did a fantastic job. The rug actually looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dee, I think the rug looks brand new as well and If you lived close by she would be making a house call! Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing difference time and a bit of paint made! Bravo!
    Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laura, since the rug has been repainted I am ready to do some REDECORATING! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - your daughter is amazingly talented! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kris, I have to agree she is a talented and amazing young woman. I am counting down the days until her next visit. Have an AWESOME week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anything for you Mom. The smile was priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Top this rug is #1 on my list of favorite things!

      Delete
  9. Girl, this is serious!!! Beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Tonya I think the rug is beautiful as well. I also like it because it's a custom piece done on a shoestring budget! Have a Super day!

    ReplyDelete