Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Color I Chose for My Front Doors.

Hi all,  I hope you had a great Memorial Day. Several weeks ago I did a post on Front Door Inspiration. You can see it here. And at that time I was trying to decide what color I wanted to paint my front doors. Well the jury is in and the color I chose was.......

sorry fuzzy pic
 Oriental Eggplant by Behr. You can see it here. I love, love, love the color. This shot was taken about 5 minutes or so after I finished painting. And shortly after that it started to rain, and it rained most of the night. I guess I don't have to tell you what happened to my amazingly beautiful, professional looking paint job! It was ruined, and I was devastated. Now I would have to repaint the doors all over again. That incident took the wind right out of my sails and until now, I really haven't had the motivation to finish the project. But a few days ago I mustered up some spizzerinctum and made a conscience decision to complete this project. I asked Hubby to sand the doors. And later this week I will repaint them, add wreaths, spruce up the area a bit; and voila, I will be back in business before summer.

Have you had any projects that went haywire recently?

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your painting project. It's unfortunate that you have to do the work all over again. I do love the eggplant color, though so I can't wait to see how everything turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee, I am not looking forward to repainting again, but this is one project that I am looking forward to scratching off my to do list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete