Monday, March 3, 2014

It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.


 Hi all, I hope you had a super duper weekend. Can you believe it's March,and Spring is just a few weeks away? My to do list for the year hasn't been touched. Basically I have been taking it easy and enjoying the glorious days we've been having here in Florida. Last Sunday the weather was perfect, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, (okay maybe not) it was just a beautiful day. So, I grabbed my camera and headed out to take pictures of whatever caught my eye. And the tree pictured below did exactly that, so much so, I started humming Mister Rogers theme song. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......



Is this tree amazing or what? I love the vibrant color and how it makes such a bold statement!
 Enjoy the the rest of the pics!












Does anyone know what kind of tree this is?



Thanks for stopping by!

Lory






4 comments:

  1. Oh my I wish I knew because that is one gorgeous tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Laura, I found out the name of the tree, It's called a Yellow Trumpet.

      Delete
  2. Greetings Lory, I think this tree is a Tabebuia Caraiba (family). Don't ask me how to pronounce it though. This family of trees has quite a few in the family that looks similar to that particular one you posted. However, you have to look closely at the leaves and the tree to determine which one it is... I saw the Tabebuia Chrysotricha and the Tabebuia Argentea. Look them up and be sure to take a very close look at the leaves. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy, the common name for the tree is called a Yellow Trumpet. Thanks for the info.

      Delete