Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Front Door Inspiration

Hello all, I hope your week has been going great thus far. As of yet, I haven't done any home improvement projects and it's March already. So last weekend I decided it was time to put the pedal to the metal. Spring is less than two weeks away. And I wanted to welcome it by giving my front doors a fresh coat of paint, and some new wreaths. Currently, my front doors are red and I really like them, but it's time for a change. Lately, I have been searching the web for some front door inspiration. My house is a golden yellow so I am looking for a paint color that will make my front doors SING!!!! Below is a pic of my front door, and a few inspirational pics that caught my eye.




The color of my doors minus the wreaths.

via
Hubby really likes this one, but I am on the fence about it.

http://www.saffroniabaldwin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Front-Door-425-Purple.png
 via
This deep purple caught my eye. Bold, Rich, Stunning, I like!!!!!!!

http://bonasty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Bright-Orange-Paint-Front-Door.jpg 
bhg.com 
What better way to say welcome. I love this orange, hmm!






And last,but certainly not least, the classic and timeless black door. You can't go wrong with this color. I am still deciding on what color I will use but I am leaning towards...... Come back next week to find out the color I chose.

What color would you choose?

 
Thanks for stopping by,

Lory

6 comments:

  1. I vote for green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I adore color! It is so cheerful and happy. If I didn't live in a HOA community I would have a turquoise door.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,I love turquoise as well. If I had a beach house I think that would be the perfect color for front doors!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lori, I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. I read your 'about me' and we pretty much have the same goal... decorating on a budget...lol. By the way, I would choose the green, but that eggplant is a color that I don't see every day and I'm really liking that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, my husband likes the green as well but I'm not telling what color I chose. I have been extremely busy so I didn't get a chance to paint the doors. But hopefully I will get to them soon! Happy Spring!

      Delete