Thursday, January 2, 2014

Jewelry Box Idea


Happy New Year everyone. I hope your Holidays were all that you expected and then some. Can you believe that it's 2014 already? It's the start of a  new year and we all know what that means, more resolutions, more goals and GETTING ORGANIZED. Since I'm not big on resolutions, I've made a few short term goals for this year, and got a jump start on some organizing.



I love costume jewelry, but as you can see, I had no place to store all of it.  So I enlisted the help of Hubby and came up with a simple solution to solve my jewelry dilemma.



Here's a list of things needed for this project.
( 2 ) 8ft pieces of pre-primed 1"x4", 1/2 sheet pegboard ( 1 ) 4ft long 1/4 inch wide dowel, finishing nails, picture frame wire and eyelets.
Instructions.... Hubby cut 2 pieces of pine 5ft long and 4 pieces 12 inches long, and constructed a box.



 

To create the shelves Hubby used the ( 2 ) remaining  12" pieces and nailed them to the 5ft long pieces.
 An extra piece of pine was used as a guide to space the shelves equally apart.
.

This is how the box should look after the frame has been constructed.

Next, a piece of peg board was cut to size.......



and nailed onto the back of the box.



 Picture wire and eyelets were added, so the box can be hung on the wall.






The dowel was cut into several 2 inch pieces. The pieces will be used to hang the jewelry on.


Finally, the pieces were placed randomly in the peg board.  Now the fun part.... time to hang the jewelry!




What do you think? 



 I love how the jewelry boxes turned out. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.

The instructions are for the 5ft long box. I also had Hubby to construct two 4ft long boxes as well, but you can make them as big or small as you like. The possibilities are endless!



 Thanks for stopping by,
Lory








5 comments:

  1. I love it, Lory! Such a creative and functional idea! Such a nice way to display your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! I could use at least two more jewelry boxes so I can organize my remaining jewelry. Or I can stop buying jewelry all together, not a chance, I WILL BUILD MORE Boxes. Have a Super Weekend!

      Delete
  2. That was a great idea.. Looks good and organized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamala, the boxes have made my life much easier. Have a Great week!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderfully clever idea!

    Have a delightfully lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete