Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Easy Summer Mantel

Summer is here, so happy summer to all! At the beginning of the year I wrote a to do list of all the things
 that I would like to accomplish before the end of 2013. But guess what? To date, the list hasn't been touched. So I thought to myself summer break would be a great time to get started, but who am I kidding. This summer all I want to do is have some FUN!  Backyard BBQ's, pool parties and lazy days on the beach HERE I COME!.  So whose with me?  Oops, I almost forgot the to-do-list......
 Let's see, I need to
#1. Reupholster sofa
#2. Make curtains/entry/living room
#3. Repaint the entry way
#4. Paint end tables/living room
#5. Finish painting the chairs I started painting 6 months ago. ugh! And the list goes on and on.
  A few days ago I was in a tizzy and I needed to do something, anything just to say I had completed a  task. Well, it didn't take me very long to figure out that my mantle was in desperate need of help. So what's a girl to do?


This is how the mantle looked before the makeover. It literally had become a catch all, for all the items that I was too lazy to put away. Do you see the coffee cup? That was one good cup of coffee. ha! ha! ha!


 I removed everything  from the mantle, and the goal was to create a look that was very very easy and eye catching, so that's exactly what I did.



Tada! Do you remember the pictures I took at Bok Tower? I finally found the perfect home for them. It took about ten minutes to complete the mantle makeover. The vertical picture was put in place first. Then came the horizontal picture. Next, I staggered the height of the vases by placing one of them atop some old work books. Luckily for me the books were black and white, whew! What do you think? It works for me!
My mantle, quick easy and eye catching, who knew?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 Your Home,

Lory


2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in the pictures! Those white vases are simple, but elegant. I like! I can't wait to see the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The room is a work in progress not sure when it will be finished.

    ReplyDelete