Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Office Update


This week was supposed to be the reveal of my home office make-over, but as you can see, I am no where close to being finished. The room is tiny, and it has turned out to be quite the challenge. But I am hopeful that it will be finished in the next week or so. If not, I will keep plugging away at it until I'm finished. Here's what I've done so far....


  I removed all the contents from the room except for the file cabinet. I needed extra storage really bad, so I had to come up with a creative but  inexpensive solution to solve my storage dilemma. So here's what I did.



I brought back the existing file cabinet and  added the black cabinet, which I snagged from another part of the house. The plan is to paint both cabinets green, then place a piece of 1x2 on top of the cabinets, in order to create a shelf. 


 The layout of the office will basically be the same as it was before, with the exception of adding extra storage and seating. So, the make-ship desk was returned to it's original spot in the office. I needed to do something to spruce up this bland, boring, and naked desk, because she had the BLUES!



So, I rummaged through my fabric stash and decked her ( the desk) out with this piece of fabric. What do you think?  I love how all the bright colors add a bit of cheer to the space. I also think this fabric will be a great starting point to build the rest of the room around. Below are a few pics of how the space is evolving.









You know my motto, "every room needs a little animal print." Ha!Ha! Ha! 


Thanks for stopping by!

2 your home,

Lory


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel, Lory! I've been trying to finish two rooms in our house for the past year. I decided that I wasn't going to rush. I have taken my time browsing the internet for inspiration and finding the look for less at thrift stores. I wish you luck as you continue to decorate your office. I know once your through it will be a space you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandi, I am going to do just as you said take my time and not rush. The office is coming together slowly, but this way I can get exactly what I want and not compromise. By the way Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete