Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home Office Make-Over

I have been putting off the need to makeover my home-office for quite sometime. Honestly this project was on the very bottom of my to-do-list. But after careful consideration I came to the following conclusions. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE, and somethings gotta give. My budget for this makeover is skinny, but I'm sure you already knew that. In fact, it's so skinny, it's almost none existent. Oh well, a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. Shall we carry on.....


Yikes, Ugh, OMG, can you believe that this is my office? I can't! 

 
My office is at the top of the stairs, and to the right. I really like where it's located, because I can  see the foyer, living room dining room, front and back yard. It's a great spot, but it needs a face-lift.


As I said earlier my budget is very, very skinny, so I will be reusing several, if not all of the existing pieces in the space.  Did you notice my make-ship desk? She's showing a lot of leg. I think I may  have to buy her a new dress. ha, ha, ha! Pictured below are some of the items that will be staying in the room. 

 

 
 

I have just the thing to breathe new life into this boring bookcase. Take a wild guess!


This file cabinet has seen better days, I can't pitch it so I'll have to fix it.

 
To date, I have spent $8.96 on the office make-over. The money was used to purchase this shadeless lamp from Goodwill. I actually like the lamp and I think it will look quite stunning ,once I find the perfect shade.  

 
Did I mention that red is one of my favorite colors?  This chair is a keeper!

 
What does a ballerina have to do with making over an office? I'm not telling, it's a secret.
 

 
Don't even think about it, THE MONKEY STAYS!
Come back next week for my office reveal. You are going to be amazed at how great it turned out!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
2 your home,
 
Lory
 
Since you are already here why not subscribe/follow? It's Free!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, You know you can be a comedian as well as a DESIGNER. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again. I always look forward to what's next. You're amazingly talented and creative. Keep up the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandy, I'm glad you are enjoying the blog!

    ReplyDelete