Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bar Stool Makeover

Hi all, this week I have another makeover. Last week's post was a chair makeover, this week it's bar stools. Here's a little history of how I acquired the bar stools. I have a friend named John who owns a thrift store. One day, while shopping in his store I purchased a beautiful 1920's sleigh bed. As I was leaving John informed me that he had a gift for me, since I purchased the bed. My response was, "for little ole me". As he scurried to the back of the store I WAS SO EXCITED and I couldn't wait to see what the gift was. When I saw the bar stools I was SPEECHLESS!!!!!! They were WICKED NASTY! But how could I resist them, they were a gift with purchase (free). And besides they had  great potential.
 
 
 
 
 
I brought the stools home and got busy. First, they had to be disassembled. Next, I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed, so much so I was dizzE (dizzy). lol! I was in such a state of shock, I forgot to take a picture of the seat cushions. Trust me, you don't want to know.
 
 
 
I painted the stools black and upped the ante by covering the cushions in a zebra print fabric.
 
 
SOMEBODY SCREAM!!!!!!!
 
 
The foot rails got in on the action with a couple of coats of bronze spray paint. Finally, the bar stools were placed in their new home. (kitchen) Kitchen reveal in a later post.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let's give it up for a gift with purchase.
 Would you have brought these stools home or not?
Thanks for stopping by!
 
2 Your Home,
 
Lory

6 comments:

  1. I probably would have taken then and said ohhh, thank you with a smile but when I got home, I would have put them next to the road. I would have thought, "what in the world do I want with these nasty chairs". I tell ya, you would make one think twice before getting rid of anything they can get their hands on. The stools are awesome. Be Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never under estimate the power of sweat equity. By choosing to revamp a piece you can achieve a high end look for less. The total cost for the barstools $0. So think twice before throwing items out on garbage day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you're still "unbreaking" stuff. Great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! love the choice of fabric too!

    ReplyDelete