Monday, February 4, 2013

White Kitchens

Hello, it's Monday again.  I had a super duper weekend! A Girl's Day Out weekend to be precise. I spent all day Saturday with my friend Mandy Lou ( Hi Mandy). We started the day out at Smoke on the Water, it's an annual barbecue competition where all the proceeds are donated to our local boys and girls club. Next, we headed to Ruby Tuesday and enjoyed every bite of our lunch (yummy).
 We did a little window shopping, then we headed to the movies to see Django. (the D is silent! lol) After the movie we scheduled our next outing, said our goodbyes, and went our separate ways. What a day! sorry no pics of my outing, maybe next time.
 
Okay where were we? Last week I said, I would return to my "decluttering and organizing," but I changed my mind. This weeks post is all about "White Kitchens" So let's get started.......


source

I chose this kitchen for two reasons. First, I love, love, love, the antique stove. And secondly, I have the exact floors in my house. This gives me an idea of  how my kitchen would look with white cabinets. Enjoy the pics!



source

Fresh flowers and fruits are a great way to add  a splash of color without a commitment.



source

I like the homey feel of this kitchen. Soups on!




source

 The pop of green used inside the cabinets really wakes up this space.


Pinned Image
source

I'm diggin the contrast of the baskets and butcher block with the white. awesome! 



I know, I know, this kitchen is a far cry from the kitchens pictured above.



 
Come back next week to see how I transformed this kitchen from "woe is me" to Wow!
 
2 Your Home,

Lory



I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
When sharing please link back to this site. Thank you
<a href="http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=ADesignersTale&amp;loc=en_US">Subscribe to A Designer's Tale by Email</a>
 http://pinterest.com/tookies44/white-house/

4 comments:

  1. Amanda (Mandy Lou)February 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM

    LOL, Great weekend!! Eager to see what you do with that kitchen. It's all amazing and to put very little money in such a huge success is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy, you know my motto. You don't have to spend a fortune to create a beautiful home! But you can make it seem like you did!

      Delete
  2. Nice pics, those white kitchens are starting to grow on me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, white cabinets aren't for everyone it depends solely on personal preference. But they are pretty I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete