Monday, February 11, 2013

Kitchen Reveal

Hello again, It's Sunday around noontime and I'm preparing this post for publication on Monday 2/11/13. I am having a much needed lazy weekend, you know those weekends where you do absolutely nothing. I am there! I was so excited about this post until..... I lost some of my pics to cyber space. oops! Oh well, the show must go on without them. When the client contacted me about redoing this kitchen, the only thing she was sure about was the paint color for the walls. I was responsible for everything else. Here are a few pics of the kitchen before the transformation.

 
 
 
 

The budget for this kitchen was very skinny, so I needed to come up with some creative solutions to give this kitchen the bright sunny feel the client wanted. There was no room in the budget to replace anything . It would be a few years before the client could do a complete renovation. So I had to work with what was already there.  On day one of the makeover I arrived and the walls were already painted, so me and my crew went to work, removing all the contents. Next, we removed the doors and numbered them. Since the budget was so tight paint would have to do the heavy lifting for this transformation. So we got down to business and cleaned all the surfaces. Then we primed and we primed and we primed, you get the picture. At last, it was time to paint. The cabinets received two coats of white paint. Are you ready for this?.....

 

As I mentioned before everything received two coats of white paint, but the plain cabinet fronts needed something extra, so here's what I did. I bought an ivy stencil and positioned it in the center of each door. Painters tape was used to keep the stencil in place. and joint  compound (spackle) was applied over the cut out portions of the stencil.The stencil was removed and the compound was allowed to dry over night. The next day the ivy was painted, and the green and yellow border was added. The border was hand painted and painters tape was used to keep the paint off the unwanted areas. Several coats of polycrylic was applied to protect the surfaces.

 
What do you think?  I think these doors look AWESOME! (will do a tutorial in the future)

 
  

These canisters started out brown, but thanks to my daughter they received new life with a coat of white paint and hand painted flowers. The pics of the finished kitchen are below....
 
 
The homeowner loved here knew kitchen, so much so that she was in tears. Her daughter had orchestrated this makeover while she was in the hospital.
I was honored to do this kitchen makeover and glad that I was able to spread a little sunshine, while the homeowner was recovering. In the end all the priming, painting and sealing was worth it. And if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it in a heart beat!
  
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
2 your Home,
Lory
 
I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
 
 

4 comments:

  1. OMG, that was a nice gesture and you are just amazing. How beautiful!@!!!! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy Lou, I was glad that I could help.

      Delete
  2. If anyone knows how to cheer someone up its you, that remodel is beautiful!...can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, What would I do without the support of my friends and family. Glad you liked the makeover!

      Delete