Monday, January 21, 2013

Storage Solutions

Hello again, Can you believe that it's Monday already? I am whistling Dixie right now, because I don't have to work today or tomorrow SWEET! Well I guess it's time to get down to business. For the last few weeks I have been taming clutter and getting organized. Whew! I wish someone would have warned me that getting  organized takes lots of discipline. But I have purposed in my heart to get my house totally organized and clutter free. Who's with me?

So far.....


I removed all the contents from the closet and gave it a fresh coat of paint. (secret passage/Olympic)



Some of the existing shelving was rehung, but I still wasn't for sure about a few things. For instance, I wanted to add a chest of drawers, a shoe rack, and a few decorative items. How in the world could I make all this possible with limited space and a tight budget to boot? So I put my thinking cap on....... and here's what I came up with. I had a piece of wire shelving left (approximately 40 inches long).



Hubby cut the shelving in half and installed it.
 These shelves will serve as shoe racks. Pretty clever huh?



Not too shabby if I must say so myself. The shoe rack dilemma was solved, but what about the chest of drawers?



Well as it turns out I had the perfect chest in one of my guest bedrooms. The chest fit into the space like a glove. I contemplated painting it but for now I will keep it as is. I also added a mirror and a wooden bowl.



 I did some major purging, and only brought back the clothing and shoes that I wear regularly.  I hung my longer dresses in another closet. And the remaining clothing will be put in the spring yard sale or donated. I would like some colorful storage baskets for the top shelf to store my purses, but for the most part my master closet is a wrap. What do you think? I love how my closet turned out, but here's the best part. Are you sitting down? The total cost of this closet makeover was about $6, which was spent on extra hardware for the shelving. Now that's something to blog about!

Thanks for stopping by.

2 Your Home,

Lory


I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
When sharing please link back to this site. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment