Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Home Tour Finale

Hello all, today is the grand finale of the Bok Tower Christmas Home Tour (Pinewood Estates).  I know I stated earlier that this would be a 4 part series, but I changed my mind. Lots of pics this time, so let's get started.....





 There was lots of prep work involved before the decorating process could take place. I spent several weeks planning and preparing to bring in my rendition of "Out of Africa". As I mentioned in my first post, I had to make curtains, chair covers, and a table runner. I also needed to come up with several creative but budget friendly ideas to give this space the WOW factor. Read on....








These are the curtains, did I mention that sewing is not on my list of favorite things to do. I would rather be tied to an ant bed!!!! lol.  The chair covers and the table runner can be seen later on in the post. Enjoy the pics!




















 This is one of my creative but budget friendly ideas. All I did was attach the wreath to the picture frame with floral wire.By doing this it gave the picture more oomph. Easy, easy, easy. The total cost for this project was  about $15. A lot of bang for the BUCK!














Ah the chandelier it looks complicated but it's not. Hubby constructed a frame with 1x2's which were then painted black. Next, the glazed fruit garland was attached to the frame with floral wire. Lastly, the icicles were added. The hardest part of the chandelier was attaching it to the ceiling. We used ribbon to connect the chandelier to the overhead beams. We were not allowed to use nails, but the 3m adhesive hooks worked great!















Take a close look at the centerpiece, it's a boat filled with red ornaments and gold garland draped around the top.  Pretty crafty huh?














 In all the excitement of creating this post I failed to mention that the guest touring the home could vote on the room design they liked most. I betcha can't guess in a million years the room design that was chosen. Drum roll please. The winning design for Bok Tower Home Tour 2011 was "Out of Africa"
I received the email below from one of the guest that toured the home. Read her reaction to the space. 



Lory,
Your “Out of Africa” dining room at Pinewood Estate is outstanding! We voted for your display as “The Best”! The room simply transported us to another place in one fell swoop. The fabrics were just right; the table appointments, the chairs, china, chandelier, sideboard and windows were carefully done; the figurines and various decorative touches were superb. In a word: Magnifique!
Take a bow! Merry Christmas!
Monique
2 your Home,
Lory 





Photography Credits: REO Photography
I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
When sharing please link back to this site. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment