Saturday, October 17, 2015

Christmas Home Tour 2011 at Bok Tower Gardens Part 2

This is an older post. I was doing something in my dashboard and I accidentally reposted this. Sorry, consider this an early Christmas gift. Enjoy the pics!
Welcome back to part two of the series. Christmas Home Tour 2011. Last week I transformed the buffet. (see last weeks post). So the next order of business was to focus on the console fireplace and the area above the entrances.

 


 
This pic and the pic below gives you an idea of what I had to work with.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
The console received a quick makeover by adding a tabletop tree ( tomato cage in disguise) decorated with animal ornaments and ribbon. Carolers and prancing reindeer round out the vignette. Check out the Carolers they are decked out in animal print attire. cute cute cute.

 
 
 
 
 

 
An existing chair received a quick and easy Holiday makeover by adding fabric and a decorated box. 
 
 




 
The fireplace received stockings, poinsettias, wreaths and curly twigs placed inside gold and beige vases. 
 
 


 
Can you believe the photograph over the fireplace was taken in Africa by a missionary that attends my church? This picture was captured at sunrise as the fishermen were headed out to cast their nets.

 


 
 
This picture and the one below replaced the plates that were hung over the entrances. I found the prints on-line. (stock photo ). Hubby constructed some inexpensive 1 by 2's to serve as frames. Next he painted the frames black and mounted the prints. (easy, easy, easy) 
 
 
 
 


 

 
 
Here's the finished product, what do you think? I think it turned out great!  Only two post left in this series. So come back on Monday you don't want to miss it!
 
2 your Home,
 
Lory
 
 
Photography Credits: REO Photography

I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty, Lory and I really love the carolers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dee, I some how reposted this and I don't know how I did it. Since I am not the best at techie stuff I didn't delete it because I would be opening up another can of worms.

      Delete