Monday, November 12, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like .....


Okay, Okay, I hate to break it to you but Christmas is less than six weeks away. I know we haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet but it's time to get the Christmas ball rolling.  I have a really simple project to get you in the mood if you aren't already, but before we get started you have to see my granddaughters Christmas Tree.
 
 
 
 
This is Zsa Zsa"s girl, isn't she cute? She is only three years old and she decorated her Christmas Tree about three weeks ago. In addition, she has already made her Christmas list. Her excitement is so contagious it puts me in the Christmas spirit. Now for the project.....

 
 
 
 Every year I decorate my interior doors to make them look like wrapped gifts. I found this peacock ribbon at Hobby Lobby last year for 50% off and I really really liked it, so I decided to use it for this project. Here's what I did to achieve this look. I started by unwinding the ribbon from the spool and then I stapled it together on the back side of  the door. Easy, Easy, Easy.
 
 
 
 
Next, I glued a piece of cardboard onto the front and back of the ribbon to give the ribbon  some much needed stability. The cardboard will come in handy when I apply the floral spray.

 

 
 
This is a closeup of the ribbon, I love the rich colors and all the intricate details. 
 
 
 
 
Once the cardboard was in place I added the floral spray along with some floral wire. I ran the wire through the spray and wrapped it around both pieces of the cardboard. This keeps the ribbon from folding and it also helps hold the weight of the floral spray in place. 
 
 

 
I purchased the Peacock ornament from Walmart for about $1.97 and I used it to cover the stem. 




 This project would be a great conversation starter for your Holiday guest. Enjoy the pics and Happy Holiday Decorating!!!!




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! 
 
 
 
 
2 your home,
 
Lory
 
 
 
Photography Credits: REO Photography

 
I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I've also started decorating for Christmas. I would love to use that concept for my front door but instead of peacock I want to use snowmen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jewel, use what ever ribbon that speaks to you. I love animal prints so naturally I gravitate to that. Also, you can coordinate your ribbon with the colors that you are currently using in your home. I hope this helps.

      Delete
  2. I think that is such a great idea. It makes you feel like there is a present waiting behind every door!

    ReplyDelete