Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Ideas for a Guest Bedroom

Hello all, and happy Monday to you. I had a great day on Thanksgiving spending time with family and friends. I hope you did too. The Christmas season is in full swing, and boy am I excited!
This week I have a guest bedroom makeover that will make your holiday guest want to extend their stay. Read on....... 
 
 
 
 
Each year I try to incorporate touches of Christmas in every room. This is how I decorated my orange and brown room and it's been a big hit with my holiday guest.
 
 
 
 
Touches of Christmas were added to the curtains and the curio.
 
 
 
 
Here, bows were used as an inexpensive alternative for tiebacks.
 
 
 
 
This bow used as a tieback is a simple but elegant touch you can use in any room of your home. Be creative it doesn't have to be a bow, you could use ornaments, florals, lollipops,candy canes, or whatever you like.
 
 
 
 
The curio displays one of my favorite ornaments, and gifts that I have been given over the years. It is also used to store towels and much needed items for guest.
 
 
 
 
 Believe it or not,this tabletop tree is really a tomato cage in disguise. Here's how I assembled it. First, I wrapped the cage with garland and strung the lights. I used floral wire to keep the garland and lights in place. Next, I added the gold ribbon and the ornaments and lastly, the bow was used as the topper. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The bow serves two purposes, as a topper and a cover to hide the wire of the tomato cage. If you look closely in the center of the bow you can see the wire from the cage. When doing your tree make sure the wire is out of sight. (oops)
 
 
 
 
I really love how this room turned out. A word of caution when your guests arrive make sure they know when it's time to CHECK OUT or they may never want to leave!!! (lol)
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
2 your home, 
 
Lory
 
 
Photography Credits: REO Photography

I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
When sharing please link back to this site. Thank you
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am amazed over and over again. You always put me on the wonder. What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful compliments!

    ReplyDelete