Monday, October 15, 2012

Small Space transformation... The Landing



Hello, and happy Monday to you.
I hope my last posts on Fall Table Settings have been instrumental in helping you create a table that reflects your personal style.
This week I will be making the most of an unused space by transforming it from barren to booyah! Read on.... 
 
 
 
 
This is the landing and boy did it need something. As you can see the space is very tiny, but I wanted it to be more than just a walk way to get upstairs. Hmmmmm!
 
 
 
 
At first, I was unsure as to how I would use the space, so I decided to use it as....



 
 

 
A Sitting Area.



 
No need to go shopping, I just pulled together some items from around the house that weren't being used. The artwork was found at a thrift store, and believe it or not the figures are made of plaster.



 

The leopard bench, pillows and throw were all gifts.


 
 
 
 
 
The basket serves as storage for books and stationary and the candlesticks were bought at a yard sale several years ago. The animal print ornaments were purchased at Dillard's. (after Christmas sale)
 
 
 
 
 
So, what do you think? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!  A place to read, write, and daydream. Who knew?
Enjoy the pics!
 
 
 
 
 
 



 
 
2 your Home,
 
Lory
 
Photography Credits: REO Photography
 
I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com 
 


6 comments:

  1. Charles RichardsonOctober 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

    It's amazing how a few simple additions can turn a space you wouldn't look twice at into an area you can't pass without wanting to hang out for a minute or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and serene. I love prints and stripes. This is a picture out of an exquisite magazine, even though I know its your home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete