Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fab Foyer Part 2


Hi all,
 I hope you had a rootin tootin holiday. I sure did. As promised here is part 2 of my fab foyer. Lot's of pics this time.



Can you spot the elephant in the room? It's the big cedar wall and Hubby love's it, me not so much. So here's what I did to get the best of both worlds.
 

I found two Broyhill chest at a thrift store for $10 each. You can't beat that with a stick! I primed,painted and bought new drawer pulls.

 
 I used river rock paint for the outside of the chest and a buttery yellow for the trim and inside. 
















 
 These shots give a before and after view from the front entrance.  
  
 
 Curtains were hung to break up the massive wall, they also
 added a layer of softness to the space. 
The addition of lamps, baskets, and mirrors rounded out the vignettes.
 
 
The overnight suitcases were purchased at a garage sale for $2 each. Initially they were blue, but I painted them in
a mustard color and added black to give them
 a distressed look. Lastly, the exotic florals were
added to the suitcases.
 
   
Check out the before picture at the top, big difference huh? This transformation was not hard @ all, I just did the same thing twice. Total cost for the entire makeover about $200. Thanks for stopping by.
 
2 your home,
Lory

 I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
 

1 comment: