Monday, September 17, 2012

Easy doormat makeover



Welcome back, I hope y'all had a great weekend. Mine was a blur, but the great news is I am off on Monday. (sweeeeeet) This post is a continuation from last weeks post. Guess what, I wasn't able to get anything done outside, "welcome fall projects," but I did get to makeover my doormats. Read on.....



 Tired, dull, boring, discolored, you get the big picture, but instead of discarding these mats for something new, I breathed
new life into them with paint. I already had several jars of paint from previous projects, so I went to my paint stash selected the colors and started painting. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?



 Hello Somebody, Can you hear me now!!!!!!!  This project was really simple and inexpensive. I spent approximately $2 for a couple bottles of  Plaid acrylic paint (2 oz size of fresh cut grass and fresh foliage), because I didn't have any green paint in my stash. What do you think? I Love It!!!! After the paint dried I sealed the mats with several coats (4) of Polycrylic in a satin finish . I will let you know how it holds up.  Do you remember the wreaths from last weeks post?  I didn't get a chance to hang them since it was pouring rain outside that evening, so here they are.  Enjoy the pics!









 



  Thanks for stopping by!

2 your home,
Lory


Resources:  Behr paint: (colors used on mat) spiced pumpkin, copper mime, sesame, cork, winter wheat and opera house red. Plaid: folkart acrylic paint (colors) fresh foliage and fresh cut grass. 
Photographed By REO Photography.

I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment