Friday, August 31, 2012

The Foyer (from drab to fab) Part 1





 
This is the foyer it's teeny, non-descript and L shaped . Even though it's all those things I mentioned earlier, I wanted to create an inviting space for all who enter. So I got to work. First things first, the walls and the doors received a coat of paint.




 
Next, I wanted a rug to define the space, but they were too expensive. (my budget for entire project is $200) So here's what I did. I had a remnant of carpet leftover from a previous project so I commissioned my daughter to paint a palm tree on it. Once finished we cut a quarter circle, so it would not interfere with the door opening and closing. Voila, I LOVE IT!!!!!


In came the console and the chair, that I purchased from a thrift store. I picked up the lamp at a garage sale for $2 and added feathers to give it some umph. Next, I perused my house and unearthed the candlesticks and the picture frame. The palm tree print was a gift.




 
Well there you have it, part 1 of my fab foyer.
 Thanks for stopping by. 
Lory

I love hearing from you. Contact me @ adtale@yahoo.com
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Simple yet quite eye catching. I love the personal touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so warm and cozy in the foyer. I could actually get a good book in read right in that area until the door bell rings. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, it truly is a great place to read.

    ReplyDelete